Monday, February 17, 2014

What's in YOUR wardrobe?

by Yvette Ryder

Long before deciding to become a minimalist, I've had the following philosophy on acquiring new clothes:

 "Bringing home something new means getting rid of something old".

Not counting personal items, I currently have 34 pieces of clothing:
  • 4 pair dress pants
  • 4 blouses
  • 4 t-shirts
  • 4 light jackets
  • 3 sweaters
  • 2 blazers
  • 2 skirts
  • 2 pair jeans
  • 2 pair shorts
  • 2 vests
  • 1 sweatshirt
  • 1 winter coat
  • 1 fall coat
  • 1 jean jacket
  • 1 bathing suit
Is it time to clean out your closet?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I still have work to do to have a minimalist wardrobe! But I want to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two "techniques" I use are (1) if it doesn't fit, I don't keep it, and (2) if I bring something new in, something old has to go!

    ReplyDelete